PURPOSE: Assist in the aims, objectives and actions involved in the delivery of D&G HandyVan (SCIO).
· To complete tasks i.e., installing smoke and heat alarms to comply with new Scottish Government legislation, fitting key safes, grab rails, fixing leaking/dripping taps, hanging curtains and installing curtain rails, fitting/fixing shelves, hanging pictures, tacking down carpets as well as providing our gutter cleaning service. This is not an exhaustive list and there will be other small jobs or repairs which we are asked to carry out.
· Liaise with the Co-ordinator for daily work schedule.
· Endeavour to arrive timeously at client residences according to the work schedule and ensure that the client is informed of unexpected delay.
· Ensure all work and equipment complies with safety regulations and quality standards.
· Ensure all work and products are fully explained and understood by the client.
· Be vigilant of vulnerable people’s needs (e.g., home security/home safety) and advise where necessary.
· Complete the tasks required in an efficient and tidy manner.
· Maintain an appropriate level of stock on the van, with a view to forthcoming work schedule.
· Ensure the van is regularly cleaned and well-maintained, reporting any faults immediately to the Co-ordinator.
· Ensure the van is made secure at night whilst kept at the Fitter’s home address.
· To use your initiative to make appropriate decisions but refer to or speak with the Co-ordinator/Manager where difficult issues arise.
· To maintain confidentiality in line with current Data Protection legislation.
· To maintain accurate work records.
· To retain receipts for work van fuel and give to Finance Officer at month end.
· Assist with the marketing of the service across the region.
· Manage the day-to-day payments from clients ensuring a receipt is always given.
· Monies received to be kept safe and given to the Co-ordinator/Finance Officer at earliest convenience, preferably on a weekly basis.
· The post holder’s employment will be subject to satisfactory references and a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.
· The post holder must be willing to undertake training as necessary.
· Undertaking any other duties deemed necessary by the D&G HandyVan (SCIO) Manager/Co-ordinator, commensurate to the post.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|