Better Lives Partnership has secured funding to employ a Project Development Worker/Senior Support Worker:
1. To assist in the development, and lead in the delivery of The Community Skills Programme Pilot which will support people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders and/or related conditions with support/training to enable them to build up their confidence and the skills needed to be an active member of their community through volunteering, further education or training opportunities.
2. To take responsibility for the day-to-day running of The Community Skills Programme in Castle Douglas and to give regular reports on progress to the Project Co-ordinator. This will include managing and deploying support staff.
3. To work with schools, Dumfries & Galloway Council’s Employability Service and other Council departments; as well as other post-school education and training providers to identify and recruit young people on to ‘The Community Skills Programme’ in Castle Douglas.
4. To jointly identify potential progression routes with clients and work together to remove any barriers to progression by accessing appropriate services and funding.
5. To work within the context of each person’s individual circumstance; specifically taking into account the needs of individuals, vulnerable dependents and families and accessing specialist support as required.
6. To support people to develop their own development plan using appropriate assessment and progression tools.
7. To offer on-going one to one guidance and support to ensure progression is sustained and ensuring transitional arrangements are appropriate to each individual.
8. To work in partnership to provide further support, advice and assistance to respond positively to the needs of individual clients.
9. To provide curricular support, personal support and supervision for children and young people.
The Board is looking for a dynamic and innovative person to develop and deliver this exciting pilot project in Castle Douglas. The person will need to be able to plan their own work patterns, be flexible and able to deliver to tight deadlines. The post will be based in the Stewartry area of Dumfries and Galloway which is centred around Castle Douglas. Access to a car is essential since the position will cover wide areas of rural Dumfries and Galloway.
This is a great opportunity for a person with experience of the Third Sector, education, employability or working with young people to be at the forefront of exciting developments in Dumfries and Galloway.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 10th February at 5pm
For an application form, job description and further details please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal conversation about the post, telephone Anne McEwan (Project Co-ordinator) on 01556 503888 or 07722145769
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|