Internship Opportunity: Visual Arts, Live Events and Creative Learning Internship
Through the internship you will work with us to research, programme, promote and stage a new Arts strand aimed at young adults in Dumfries & Galloway, to be included in the main CatStrand Arts Programme and the CatStrand Young Creatives programme. This could include gigs, film, workshops and creative sessions – whatever you think would appeal to a wide audience of that age. We’re open to ideas – we want to work with you to develop creative events and opportunities that are genuinely exciting for young adults. Alongside this programme creation and delivery, you will get practical experience in running an arts programme in a small venue. Not all of it will be glamorous, but it is rewarding work and will leave you well placed to work in other venues and grow your career in Arts Management.
We will also hold an initial session with the successful applicant to discuss your personal skillset and career growth aspirations. This will enable us to see if there are areas of work that you’d like to focus your experience with us around, or additional training opportunities that could support this.
Who are we looking for:
• We’re looking for a recent graduate, or a school / college leaver with a demonstrable interest in developing a career in the arts.
• We’re keen to hear from people who have a strong idea of the events they would like to see happen at the CatStrand in 2022 and is excited to be part of our team.
• You should be aged 18-25 and based in Dumfries and Galloway.
• You should be able to travel to and from the CatStrand under your own steam.
• You should be computer literate, and both able to work as part of a team and under your own initiative.
• You will be willing to register on the PVG scheme for work with children and young people.
• Direct work experience relating to the duties below is not essential.
• Development and coordination of a Visual Arts, Live Events and Creative Learning programme for young adults in Dumfries & Galloway, including liaising with schools, colleges and other relevant organisations in order to recruit and promote the project, as well as the Arts team and their existing plans.
• Direct responsibility for planning, programming and coordination of three events in this programme, including one event for CatStrand Young Creatives.
• Assistant venue management during events.
• Running AV equipment for events.
• Photo and video documentation of workshops and live events.
• Designing publicity materials
• Co-ordinating publicity distribution.
• Manning the box office.
• Creating a database of local freelance creative practitioners for workshop delivery for CatStrand Young Creatives project.
• Artist Liaison, ensuring accommodation, food and specific requirements are met.
Evening and weekend work will be required. There will be some flexibility around working hours and these may change depending on the section of the project you are working on.
We expect the base case to be:
• 2 days a week assisting with events and workshops
• 2 days a week developing programme for young adults in Dumfries & Galloway.
• 1 day artist liaison and marketing co-ordination
The intern will be supported in their duties by Peter Renwick, Arts, Cultural and Heritage Manager and Catherine Campbell, Youth Arts Coordinator. The intern project is a full-time position jointly funded by the Holywood Trust and Galloway Glens Landscape Partnership through the Glenkens Community and Arts Trust, based at the CatStrand in New Galloway.
To apply: Applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th May 2022.
Also contact Cat for more information about the role, if required.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter expressing your interest in the internship and what you hope to gain from the opportunity, as well as detail of any relevant work or voluntary experience you may have.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|