Isle Futures is a charitable organisation incorporated in 2001 and granted charitable status in 2007, with membership comprising Isle of Whithorn residents and others passionate about retaining and developing St Ninian’s Hall as the heart of the community of the village. St Ninian’s Hall, originally a small, functioning village hall, was transferred over from local authority ownership to that of the community by transfer to Isle Futures. The charity was the successful recipient of a large grant award from National Lottery Community Fund, which allowed for the hall to be transformed into a multi-functional hall, café, retail and meeting space, suitable for the whole community and visitors alike.
Isle Futures’ trustees are accountable to the membership and are responsible for ensuring that monies obtained and used by Isle Futures charity are managed correctly with proper limitations, in line with Isle Futures pledges to funding providers.
In the region of£26,000 per annum full-time (37½ hours per week), according to experience. Will consider a job-share or part-time working.
Initially, a 12 month contract will be awarded, subject to a three month probationary period. Extensions will be discussed in line with funding/organisational profitability.
To work in a proactive, collaborative, and inclusive way to develop a small community enterprise in order to retain it as a vital, sustainable, community resource at the heart of the Isle of Whithorn, with a particular focus on finances.
1) Provide regular reports (e.g. monthly, as required) to Isle Futures Trustees on all matters related to the administration and management of the business, noting when the business is over budget or not reaping expected profits.
2) Develop business plans aimed at long-term sustainability and resource funding bids.
3) Optimise business operations so that profits are maximised, while remaining consistent with our green ethos and community focus.
4) Utilise the functions aspects of the EPOS1 system to ensure that decisions are made on the basis of reliable evidence, and provide regular reports to the trustees.
5) Collaborate with the Floor Supervisor, provide administrative and general support when required, and perform certain management duties in his / her absence.
6) Negotiate contracts with suppliers on behalf of the business.
7) Be involved in the selection and appointment of new staff.
8) Ensure that the business complies with all relevant regulations.
9) Work closely with the Treasurer and Book Keeper to ensure the needs of the charity are met within budget.
10) Undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, and level of responsibility of this post, as required.
Skills and personal attributes
1) Is competent in administrative tools such as word processing, spreadsheets and social media.
2) Demonstrates a good work ethic.
3) Has excellent written and verbal communication.
4) Is able to prioritise tasks, use initiative and solve problems.
5) Works collaboratively.
6) Is approachable.
7) Is able to delegate.
8) Demonstrates good management skills.
9) Is a team player.
10) Is flexible in working practices.
11) Focusses on the outcomes to be achieved, working quickly and accurately and seeking guidance when appropriate.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|