Contract opportunity for self-employed person
Job Title: Depot Manager
Reporting to: Board of Trustees of Massive Outpouring of Love (MOOL) Registered Charity
Hours and Duration: 6 hours per week, for up to 50 weeks per year
Location: Dumfries Depot
Contract value: £10 per hour
We are seeking a self-motivated, responsible individual to open and close our depot and ensure the safety of our volunteers. You must be reliable, discreet, friendly and trustworthy. Knowledge/experience around issues for refugees and asylum seekers will be an advantage.
Your role will be to deliver on our strategic outcomes and to work with the volunteer co-ordinator and board to support volunteers both in specific tasks and in wider projects where appropriate
Specifically, your role will be to ensure that:
– MOOL works closely, positively, effectively and reciprocally in partnership with other organisations
– the organisation has accessible, safe, healthy and welcoming buildings to enable us to deliver our work
Over the course of the contract, we expect you to:
– open and close our depot every on a specified day of the week (currently Friday) for up to 50 weeks of the year
– ensure the building is safe and secure for our volunteers
– ensure that accurate records of volunteer attendance are kept up
– keep relevant health and safety records
– look for opportunities for volunteer development and training
– deal with enquiries and refer/signpost (where appropriate) within our own organisations, or to other agencies
– be a welcoming and friendly presence for our volunteers and service users
– co-ordinate with the volunteer co-ordinator and others to assist with wider projects.
To make an application please submit your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Wednesday 18th May 2022. For further information on the contract please phone David Formstone on 0750 4859038.
MOOL is a community-led charity which began as an informal activist movement in 2015 in response to the Syrian refugee crisis, and developed into a SCIO in Feb 2016. We vision a future where people all over the world are supported in times of crisis but will have the freedom to thrive in their homes and countries of origin.
Our mission reflects our charitable purposes, namely that MOOL will work in partnership to provide:
• aid, information and support to refugees and asylum seekers at home and abroad
• assistance to local people in need, hardship and distress
• education to the wider community
• participation and personal development opportunities for local volunteers
Tagged as: charity
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|