Job Description and Person Specification
Title: Project Support Worker
Salary: £19,500 pro rata per annum
Hours: Part-time 20 hours per week, to be worked flexibly & including occasional evening/weekend work.
Responsible to: Business Development Manager, Newton Stewart Initiative.
Contract: Permanent – dependent on funding
Location: based within Newton Stewart Initiative Centre, but travel throughout the local area might be required occasionally.
Closing date: 22nd of May. Interviews will be held at the end of May.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this post, please contact Katrina Dick on 07757 684938 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Background to post: Newton Stewart Initiative is a Charity set up with the aim of regenerating Newton Stewart & surrounding area by involving as many local people and groups as possible in this. We aim to develop community facilities, support community led initiatives, business and regeneration projects, youth, arts, wellbeing and sports projects and any other project that benefits the community living and working in and around the town.
It is our vision that NSI will bring together the aspirations, enthusiasm, skills, and experience of the people of Newton Stewart to create the vehicle of change that will see our town revitalised and turned into a place that is growing economically and socially. The Project Support Worker has a vital part to play in supporting the everyday delivery of our services and helping to ensure the long-term success of our projects.
– Being able to mobilise around various location within the DG8 postcode
– ability to work flexible hours
– subject to a successful Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme application
– Work effectively alongside staff and Trustees to maintain the Charities administrative processes and pathways and co-ordinate service delivery and activities
– Support the Business Development Manager and Trustees in running the Centre and overseeing Centre activities
– Help set up and run the BMX track & encouraging professional use of the football pitch at Douglas Park, as well as encouraging use of Douglas Park itself, through various initiatives.
– Organise and help set up/run events & groups
– Assist the running of NSI’s social media accounts, as well as promoting the NSI Community Shop on Facebook
– Create and facilitate projects to benefit young people in and around Newton Stewart
– Engage with the local community to find out their needs/wants
– Safely and securely handle data
– Assist with recruiting and supporting volunteers, as well as arranging volunteer meetings and events
– Reception duties such as answering telephone, cash handling, banking, copying, filing and general office duties as required
– Assist with management of general office supplies, equipment and working and adhering to budgets
– Any other task necessary to the delivery of service
Person Specification: Essential
– you will be a positive, friendly, and enthusiastic person with a keen eye for detail and have the skills and experience to ‘hit the ground running’. You will be able to demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude when working independently or as part of our team.
– Being interested in and able to work with children and young people as well as people of all ages and abilities is a must.
– As the first point of contact, you will be an integral part of our team providing information and support as well as managing information regarding our activities.
– The ability to engage and build positive professional relationships with all our stakeholders. You will be an ambassador for our Charity, playing a vital role in promoting the projects and services.
– Demonstrable knowledge and experience working across all Microsoft Applications
– Ability to work comfortably both on your own initiative and within a team setting
– Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets where required
– Ability to use social media effectively
Person Specification: Desirable
– There are no formal education requirements for this post, however a proven track record of administrative experience in a varied office setting is desirable
– Experience of working in the voluntary sector or a community-based group, and a good understanding of local Third Sector activities
– Ability to design and create posters, flyers and other promotional material
– An interest or passion for developing initiatives for young people.
– Community engagement experience.
Newton Stewart Initiative is a Charity with its registered office at Newton Stewart Centre, Church Street, Newton Stewart DG8 6ER – Charity Number SC029869
Tagged as: admin, event management, microsoft office skills, promotion, social media, teamwork, youth work
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|